Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Institute of Dendrology, Polish Academy of Sciences
Parkowa 5, PL-62-035 Kórnik, Poland
My research focuses on genetic determinants of adaptive variation in woody species and ecological selection in plants. I am also interested in quaternary climate change and its impact on evolution and functioning of forest ecosystems. Recently, I have also taken an interest in genomic selection in plant breeding.
- 2017 - PhD at Institute of Dendrology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Kórnik, Poland
- 2013 - research assistant at Institute of Dendrology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Kórnik, Poland
- 2011-2013: M.Sc. in Biotechnology, Faculty of Biology, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland
- Żukowska WB, Boratyńska K, Wachowiak W. 2015. Range-wide patterns of genetic differentiation at chloroplast microsatellites and selection at morphological traits in Pinus mugo Turra (dwarf mountain pine) (in review).
- Żukowska WB, Wachowiak W. 2015. Utility of closely related taxa for genetic studies of adaptive variation and speciation: current state and perspectives in plants with focus on forest tree species. Journal of Systematics and Evolution. doi: 10.1111/jse.12177.
- Wachowiak W, Cavers S, Żukowska WB. 2015. Interspecific gene flow and ecological selection in a pine (Pinus sp.) contact zone. Plant Systematics and Evolution 301(6):1643-1652. doi: 10.1007/s00606-014-1182-x.
- Wojtera-Kwiczor J, Żukowska WB, Graj W, Małecka A, Piechalak A, Ciszewska L, Chrzanowski Ł, Lisiecki P, Komorowicz I, Barałkiewicz D, Voss I, Scheibe R, Tomaszewska B. 2014. Rhizoremediation of diesel-contaminated soil with two rapeseed varieties and petroleum degraders reveals different responses of the plant defense mechanisms. International Journal of Phytoremediation 16(7-12):770-89. doi: 10.1080/15226514.2013.856848.
- Żukowska WB, Litkowiec M, Wójkiewicz B, Boratyńska K, Wachowiak W. Poster: The use of chloroplast microsatellite markers for the evaluation of genetic diversity of dwarf mountain pine (Pinus mugo Turra) populations within their native range. International Conference on “Genetic resources conservation – scientific and social challenges”, 25.06.2015, Karpacz, Poland.
- Żukowska WB, Litkowiec M, Wójkiewicz B, Boratyńska K, Wachowiak W. Poster: Range-wide analysis of genetic variation of Pinus mugo Turra using chloroplast microsatellites. IUFRO Tree Biotechnology 2015 Conference “Forests: the importance to the planet and society”, 08-12.06.2015, Florence, Italy.
- Żukowska WB, Graj W, Wojtera-Kwiczor J. Poster: The influence of the oxidative stress on the rhizoremediation of petroleum-contaminated soil. The First International Scientific Conference – Oxygenalia 2012, 26.10.2012, Poznań, Poland.